St. Columba Cemetery ( Map )
465 Brown's Lane
Middletown, RI 02842
Phone: (401) 847-4571
Representative: Leo O’Gara
Established in 1889, St. Columba Cemetery is one of two Diocesan Cemeteries located on the East Bay. Overlooking Narragansett Bay, this cemetery lies in Middletown, RI on a rolling landscape consisting of sixty four total acres.
- Located overlooking the Narragansett Bay, providing a calm and peaceful environment for the burying of loved ones.
- Over 23,000 burials in the history of St. Columba Cemetery, averaging 185 burials per year.
- 695 graves and burial lots still remaining for the burial of deceased loved ones. There is also fifty five remaining acres of undeveloped burial ground.
- Maintains a chapel for committal services and Masses remembering the faithful departed.
- While the passing of a loved one is always a difficult time, the passing of a new or still born child can be devastating for a family. The Catholic Church teaches that life begins at conception and all children, regardless of stage of development, are gifts from God. As a service to parents who have lost young children, St. Columba Cemetery offers an area reserved for those infants who have been called back to God. Click here to view pictures of Our Little Angels sections.