St. Francis Cemetery ( Map )
163 Smithfield Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Phone: (401) 724-3130
Representative: Robert Pacific
Established in 1871, St. Francis Cemetery is one of the oldest and most historic cemeteries of the Diocese. Located in the city of Pawtucket on 106 total acres, St. Francis Cemetery provides a picturesque landscape with rolling hills, green grass, and beautiful family monuments remembering the faithful departed.
- St. Francis Cemetery contains mausoleums and crypts in the former Bannigan Chapel, displaying the rich traditional heritage of St. Francis Cemetery when burying generations of families.
- St. Francis Cemetery also holds the late Bishop Russell J. McVinney, former Bishop of Providence.
- Bannigan Chapel is used for committal services and Masses for remembering the faithful departed.
- Over 135,000 burials over its 136 year history, averaging 395 burials per year.
- St. Francis Cemetery features large family burial plots displaying magnificent monuments and statues for deceased loved ones. There is a rich tradition of family burial at St. Francis Cemetery.